YGC Presentation Day – Important informationPublished on 18th December 2019 in Uncategorized
We look forward to seeing so many of you out there amongst it on Saturday. The weather looks to be a little kinder than it has been over recent days, but please stay hydrated (water – not beer). With over 120 in the field, it will be our biggest field for some time, and it’s great to see so many YGC members coming together to celebrate their fellow Club members’ achievements over the past 12 months.
Some information to help the day flow smoothly;
- Competition Entry is $5 – envelopes in the slot as usual.
- There will be no need to register on the computer
- Scorecards will be pre-printed and laid out in starting hole order – so please know which hole you are starting on.
- Please allow sufficient time for you to get your coffee and have any warm-up putts before heading to your tee – starting time is 8:00 AM sharp!
- If you start on a par 3 – please take the NTP marker with you.
- If you finish on a Par 3 – please bring the marker back with you….
- NTPs awarded to both players, eagles limited to 3 balls (to the ‘team’) & holes-in-one only awarded to the player responsible for the glorious stroke.
Lunch will be served by Cafe staff
- Roast Beef
- Satay Chicken & rice
- Beef Lasagne
- Salads – garden salad & coleslaw
- Roast Potatoes
- Condiments, gravy, sauces
Tables will be called up one by one for service (and not necessarily from table 1)
Please don’t stampede, be patient and everyone will be fed in an orderly fashion.
Cans of beer are $5, other drinks at usual prices.
Presentations for 2018/2019 will be made toward the end of lunch – these will move along quickly and photos will be available.
Most importantly, it is a social day so please enjoy the golf – no Bryson’s on the green with protractors and compass please … (it’s not The Masters, we have a large field and want to keep everyone happy & moving along.. 😉)
How to Play Ambrose
2 Player Ambrose
- Movable Gold & Red tees
- Groups of two players will work as a team.
- Each player hits their drive off the tee, the best shot is selected and the position marked.
- The other player’s ball is picked up and placed, within one ball width, of the position of chosen ball – no nearer the hole.
- Each player then hits their second shot from within one ball width of that spot.
- The best shot is again selected. This continues until the ball is in the hole.
- On the putting green, the best ball is marked and both balls played from this position.
- One (gross) score is recorded on each hole per team.
- Make sure you start scoring the card for the hole you are on…. most groups are not off the 1st hole!! 🙄
- During the course of the round each player drives must count a minimum of 6 times – record that players initials next to the hole number.
- Players handicaps are added and divided by 4 to find the handicap for the day (automatically).